How Do I Check My Skipper Plus's Calibration?
Instructions on how to check the calibration of a Tramex Skipper Plus.
checking the Calibration
of your skipper plus
Skipper Plus (SMP) Calibration Check Box
- Place SMP on left hand test position of calibration check box.
- Switch to Scale 1. Press firmly against gold pins. Pins should be located as centrally as possible against the rubber electrodes. Reading should be 15+/- 1%.
- Switch to Scale 2. Reading should be 21+/- 1%.
- Place SMP on right hand test position of calibration check box.
- Switch to Scale 3. Reading should be 14+/- 1%.
- All readings referred to above are taken from the 5 to 30% wood scale on the top of the meter dial.
The instrument user, on reference plates, test boxes or other calibration checking equipment provided by Tramex, can perform calibration checks. This process allows the user to verify that the instrument is still performing within the tolerances deemed acceptable by Tramex. We recommend that instrument users check their instruments regularly on the relevant calibration check equipment.
If the instrument is outside these tolerances, then it should be returned to Tamex or a Tramex approved agent for recalibration. Tramex or its agent will provide a calibration certificate as part of the recalibration services.
In addition to the above, periodic recalibration is recommended by ISO and other quality standards, protocols and practices for all measurement and testing equipment. We recommend that you consult the protocol or quality standard that applies to your industry to determine the most appropriate recalibration interval. Calibration checking is not a substitute for recalibration at the appropriate industry recommended interval.